Cultura21 is a transversal, translocal network, constituted of an international level grounded in several Cultura21 organizations around the world.
How to navigate Cultura21′s online news portal
To find our regularly updated selection of news about arts, cultures and sustainability from around the world, visit the “blog” section on the current website. To find out more specifically about our own news, see the “Cultura21 News” posts.
To find all of our own news and news from around the world on this website, you need to check the “Cultura21 News” posts and our other blog posts in the multiple languages available (German, Spanish, French, etc.). Many news are not translated into English!
About the Cultura21 International Network
Cultura21′s international network, launched in April 2007, offers the online and offline platform for exchanges and mutual learning among its members. Among its realizations are:
- Online: A mailing-list, a web-magazine, an archive for the 1st edition of our summer school ASSiST (in 2010), a wiki platform, and a selection of news from around the world on the blog of the current website, as well as Cultura21′s own news. ‘Cultura21 Germany’ and ‘Cultura21 international’ pages are also available on Facebook (while we retain a degree of skepticism regarding that social network).
- Offline: Organization of international events, often in collaboration with other organizations and networks, including at the Venice Biennale in 2007, at the Central Academy of Fine Arts in Beijing in 2008 (with the Asia Europe Foundation), alongside the UN Climate Conference in Copenhagen in 2009 (Conference “Culture|Futures”) and launching the first edition of the International Summer School of Arts and Sciences for Sustainability in Social Transformation (ASSiST, in Gabrovo, Bulgaria) in 2010. In the countries with active Cultura21 organizations, we also organize events and activities at national, regional and local levels. Explore the “Cultura21 news” posts in multiple languages on the current website to find out more…
Coordination team for the International Network
The activities of Cultura21 at the international level are coordinated by a team representing the different Cultura21 organizations worldwide, and currently constituted of:
- Sacha Kagan (based in Lüneburg, Germany) and Rana Öztürk (based in Berlin, Germany)
- Oleg Koefoed and Kajsa Paludan (both based in Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Hans Dieleman (based in Mexico-City, Mexico)
- Francesca Cozzolino and David Knaute (based respectively in Paris, France and Bujumbura, Burundi)
The Cultura21 organizations
Cultura21 is not only an informal network. Its strength and vitality relies upon the activities of several organizations around the world which are sharing the vision and mission of Cultura21:
- In Germany, where Cultura21 first emerged in 2005, the organization ‘Cultura21 Institut eV’ supports the German-speaking Cultura21 network. See the German version of this website for more details.
- In Mexico, C21MEX is active since 2007. See the Spanish version of this website for more details.
- In Italy, a Cultura21 network was active between 2007 and 2009.
- In the Nordic European Countries, with HQ in the city of Copenhagen (Denmark), Cultura21 Nordic (separate website) was founded in 2009.
- In France, the idea for a Paris-based French-speaking branch of Cultura21 was tested out in late 2010 – early 2011, but has been put on freeze indefinitely – we do have Cultura21 correspondents and links to like-minded networks in France. See the French version of this website for more details.