Wednesday 12 September, 6-8 p.m. – a panel discussion organized by “ArtPolitics” at Haus am Lützowplatz, Berlin
ArtsPolitics is a new platform for artists, and political and scientific experts to discuss and collaborate. Their purpose is “to inspire cultural & intellectual progress by building greater understanding between the arts & politics.”
Topic of discussion
“How do we combine artistic, political and scientific knowledge into a holistic network, and thus integrate cultural activities into the wider field of knowledge? We see artists as cultural ambassadors and as seismographs of social processes, while political processes ideally reflect and steer social opinion formation. We aim to combine these different forms of knowledge and awareness to create innovative solutions to the challenges facing 21st century societies.”
Speakers and discussants
- Karin Pott (Curator and Director of Haus am Lützowplatz)
- Thomas Isenberg (Representative of the Berlin Senate, SPD)
- Benjamin Adrion (Founder of Viva con Agua, Federal Cross of Merit 2010)
- Georg Hackenberg (Recipient of the Hugo-Geiger-Prize 2011, TU Munich Lecturer)
- Osvaldo Budet (Political artist, Institute for Advanced Study Fellow 2012)
RSVP & Venue
Participation is free of charge and open to all but, due to space limitations, registration is required. To RSVP, please send an e-mail to info [at] artspolitics [dot] com. The reception starts at 6 p.m. with the
HERAKUT – urban art exhibit “jukebox kontrovers” and the “Creative Despite War” video.
Haus am Lützowplatz,
Fördererkreis Kulturzentrum Berlin e.V.